We miss our con Family and are excited to be able to open our doors to you in 2022. We understand that COVID has profoundly changed many lives over the past two years in some way or another, and we feel it is more important than ever to do our best to create that fun, family orientated Delta H Con experience that we all remember. We also acknowledge there are widely differing opinions about how far to take COVID safety protocols. By complying with the following COVID policy, we’re able to make Delta H Con safer and more accessible to a larger portion of our community.
The COVID-19 situation, and how experts say we should handle it, is constantly evolving and changing. As such, this policy reflects the current recommendations we are receiving from qualified health officials and reputable sources of information balanced by state and local restrictions.
All Delta H Con attendees and participants are expected to comply with this COVID-19 policy. Repeated warnings to comply with this policy will result in your removal from the event and the surrounding areas.
- Per CDC guidelines, acceptable masks must be worn at all times for anyone over the age of 2 years old.
- When eating or drinking in designated areas.
- Briefly during Delta H Con Photo Meetups or when using a Delta H Con microphone at scheduled events.
- When presenting or performing at a scheduled Delta H Con event while socially distanced.
- When required to communicate with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- When requested to remove your mask by a uniformed law enforcement officer.
- In approved medical assessment areas when requested by qualified medical personnel.
- Masks must fall within the following guidelines:
- Wear your mask properly. We all know by now the unacceptable ways to wear a mask. Keep your mask well-fitted over your nose and mouth. If, for some reason after 2+ years in a pandemic, you aren’t sure how to properly wear a mask, you can check out THIS handy guide. Please do not put our volunteer staff in the awkward position of fighting with you about it.
- Acceptable Masks: Surgical or procedural masks, N95 or KN-95 masks without vents, cloth masks worn properly.
- Unacceptable Masks: Bandanas, neck gaiters, masks with vents, small children, lawn furniture, bits of string, mesh, your hands or your friend’s hands, anything that does not adequately prevent you from sneezing straight into someone’s face, anything that is not EXPLICITLY a mask on the “Acceptable Masks” list above.
- Vaccination cards will not be required.
- If you contract COVID before Delta H Con: If you happen to get COVID within the 14 days prior to the event, please provide us with your positive COVID test result, and we’ll happily refund your registration or transfer your registration to next year. We want you here – but only when you don’t have COVID!
Volunteers, Performers, and Talent are subject to additional COVID restrictions and policies below:
- You must provide proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test dated within 48 hours of the start date of the event before you’ll be allowed to pick up your badge and enter Delta H Con. Once you are declared COVID free your credentials will be activated and you will be allowed access.
We will continue to evaluate the COVID landscape and adjust this policy should we receive new information based on a change in the current status of public health. We recommend that everyone continue to check this page for any updates or changes.
Delta H Con highly suggests all guests follow CDC guidelines and know your personal risk. CDC website.
Delta H Con continues to monitor official Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization COVID-19 safety protocols. We have worked closely with our partners at the Houston Marriott Westcase and the City of Houston to create our COVID policy. Health protocols are changing constantly across the globe, and we are working to create the safest environment possible for our event. Updates to our COVID Policy will be found here. Every attendee, guest, staffer, artist, vendor, and exhibitor’s well-being and health are our first priority. We are doing what we can to protect your health and peace of mind so you can focus on having fun with us in 2022.
ATTENDEES UNDER 5 YEARS OLD
All Attendees between 2 and 4 years of age will need to wear a mask at the convention. If a child is under 2 years of age, no mask is required.
Cosplay masks and helmets are allowed, however CDC approved face coverings MUST be worn under the cosplay. Upon entry to the building, you will be required to remove your cosplay mask for security / Prop Check and show your approved face covering.
If it is observed that you are not wearing a face mask for extended periods during photoshoots inside the buildings, a staff member may ask you to put one on. Non-compliance will result in being removed from the premises and your convention badge being revoked.
ADDITIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Additional safety measures will be in place in the Houston Marriott Westchase during the duration of the convention. Hand Sanitizer stations have been added throughout the building and staff will be working throughout the day to wipe down handrails, doorknobs, escalator railings, and elevator buttons. Full cleaning and sanitizing will take place each day as well.
We ask that all attendees self-evaluate prior to coming to Delta H Con to protect others at the event. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event, please do not enter the Houston Marriott Westchase.
Suggestions from Delta H Con
- Get your COVID-19 final vaccine dose or Johnson and Johnson does 3 weeks before the event
- Get your COVID-19 booster shot 14 days prior to the event.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Test for COVID-19 two calendar days prior to arriving at Delta H Con.
As has been the case this past 2+ years, the situation is changing constantly, and guidelines are fluid. Delta H Con reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time and to deny entry to this event to any participant not in compliance with these guidelines. Please be patient with event organizers, facility staff, and your fellow attendees, and please be the awesome community our Delta H Con family has always been!
Delta H Con continues to evaluate what is best for all attendees to ensure we meet safely and that everybody is as safe and comfortable as possible.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and we wish you a safe and fun-filled Delta H Con 2022!
Still, have questions regarding your health and safety at this event?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with 2022 COVID Policy question in the subject line.