Delta H Con COVID-19 Protocols
What do the Attendees have to do?
- Attendees MUST wear face coverings when in any convention space.
- Masks may be removed briefly for photos at the Celebrity Guests’ discretion for table selfies.
- Masks are not required outdoors, though we encourage attendees to continue to wear them. The CDC has recently stated that the chances of the infection spreading outside are very low.
- Attendees should practice social distancing whenever possible
- Look for queue markings and signage to ensure proper social distancing around the convention floor
- Stay home if you are sick or have been around someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the 14 days preceding the convention.
- It is highly recommended that all attendees have their COVID-19 vaccination. CDC guidance say un-vaccinated people should not gather in larger group or groups of mixed households.
What is the Con doing for the attendees?
- Delta H staff and volunteers are required to wear face masks at the convention
- Panel rooms and main events rooms capacities have been dropped to 50%
- Video game consoles will be wiped down between each usage
- Staff who have been exposed to COVID-19 up to 14 days prior to Delta H will not be present
- Staff who show any symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to go home and self-quarantine
- Staff are required to perform temperature checks each day before working the convention
- Dealer Room/Artist Alley population will be restricted to enable social distancing
What is the hotel doing?
- Hotel staff is required to wear face coverings and gloves
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every 90 minutes
- Tables and chairs inside conference rooms will be sanitized once per day at the end of the event day
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for conference rooms, lobby area, and outside restrooms
At Delta H Con, the safety of our attendees, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. Holding a convention during the COVID-19 pandemic is not ours, nor anybody’s preference. These protocols have been developed from guidelines put out by the CDC, government guidelines, and the policies of the Houston Marriott Westchase. We appreciate your patience and participation in helping us keep this event as safe as possible during this time.
You may reference the guidelines these protocols were based on [HERE].
If you haven’t gotten your vaccine yet you can search for one on vaccinespotter.org
You can also search on vaccines.gov